Thursday, March 13, 2008

Lying on your Resume

Currently in the process of finding a second internship, the topic of my resume is freshly on my mind. It is the real deal to read articles like this and the first thing it made me think about was to look back over my resume to MAKE SURE no dates were stretched or anything like that. I am surprised how many people it says lie on their resume. I just assume that employers will find out one way or another and nothing good can come out of lying on a resume.

Immediately after reading this article, I read the article on how to present time off from the work force on a resume. I am curious about this because I do not want to go straight from college into an office and I would like to spend a year or so traveling and working odd jobs. I have often thought about how this will be received by potential employers when they see my resume. Both of the articles were helpful in preparing an effective resume.

Maybe its wierd, but I find the job hunt almost thrilling. It reminds me of a game of texas hold 'em. You can't change the cards you have (the experience on your resume) but you have to put your game face on and be confident. You have to convince employers that you have the best hand (are the man for the job) even if another person has better cards. I like pursuing internships because there is not the pressure of having to support yourself but you still get to experience it.

-Ned

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post!